[Asterisk-Users] Digium cards, so disappointing !

Ryan Amos ramos at finetooth.com
Fri Apr 14 08:52:23 MST 2006

I am using a digium TE110P and a TDM04b (or whatever the one with 4 FXS
ports is called) on a Dell PowerEdge 2850. No problems at all with
faxing with a cheap fax machine, though the asterisk box almost never
goes above 5% CPU usage unless there are some conference calls going on.
I can run modems/faxes just fine (though the modem connections seem to
have a bit more latency than through a POTS line, it is acceptable for
our use.)

Just be sure to set echocancelwhenbridged=no and tweak your txgain and
rxgain on the line (this is not a do it once and you're done thing, I
had to go back probably 5 times over the course of 2 weeks to get the
right numbers.) I am even doing a redirect to eFax (I'd do with asterisk
but we already had an efax account and it works well enough) on one of
my DIDs and it works great.

Quite honestly I found a lot of documentation on how faxing in Asterisk
is hard, and I just never saw that. Maybe I got lucky with a magic
combination of hardware and forgiving fax machine, but it kind of just
worked the first time I tried it. Now, if only setting up a 'page all'
function on Cisco 79XX SIP phones without using a line appearance was so
easy...