[Asterisk-Users] A weekend of upgrade is coming for me - any hints?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Fri Apr 14 08:23:42 MST 2006

Ronald Wiplinger wrote:
> I want to upgrade * this weekend.
>
> What can I prepare? What will I have to change in the settings? Where
> can I read about it?
>
> I use now:
> *CLI> show version
> Asterisk SVN-trunk-r8447M built by root @ xxxx on a x86_64 running Linux
> on 2006-01-25 15:33:01 UTC

As Kevin as already posted, upgrading to current "trunk" is not
advisable (other then for testing) as significant changes are in the
middle of being implemented. Your probability of having a working system
is likely to be very low. Maybe in another week or two.

Read the CHANGES text file, read the files that reflect recent changes
in asterisk/conifgs, and read files that have changed in asterisk/doc.