[Asterisk-Users] Packet Testing

Kevin Smith kevin.smith at mercury.net
Fri Apr 14 07:49:43 MST 2006

Hi everyone,

On the Polycom 601 phones we are using, the forward feature works very
nicely for agents that are out on trips. I was wondering if there is a
way to test to see if they have the forward option enabled.

When it is enabled the call comes in and gets -- Got SIP response 302
"Moved Temporarily" response and then it uses the correct outbound macro
to forward the call to the number specified. I am wondering if I am able
to test for that SIP response or something in the SIP packet that I can
grab to test. From what I read online, I didn't see much that would
allow me to test for it, but  I may have just missed it.

Thanks,
Kevin