[Asterisk-Users] Config with TE210P, Asterisk and Legacy PBX and FreePBX?

Remco Barende asterisk at barendse.to
Wed Apr 12 10:33:16 MST 2006

Hi list!

Has anyone ever tried the following installation :

I want to replace our legacy PBX with Asterisk but... I still need the legacy
PBX as a 'channel bank' for fax (I need E1 not T1)

I will put a dual port PRI card in the Asterisk box, and for incoming and
outgoing faxes I want to use native bridging on the TE210P and route fax calls
(based on DID and prefix when dialling) to / from the legacy PBX.

I guess I do not need to modify anything in the PBX (Alcatel Novo
Supreme) because I can simply use dialling prefixes to catch outbound
calls.

Does anyone have example config files how to implement this config?

This would be the setup :

PRI -> Asterisk <--> Legaxy PBX on TE210P
                  |-> SIP phones

Would it be possible to use FreePBX to setup such routing (inbound and
outbound), if anyone could guide me in the basic direction for this I
would be most grateful.

Thanks!!