[Asterisk-Users] Where is the difference sip.conf - Real-time ?

Ronald Wiplinger ronald at elmit.com
Wed Apr 12 03:37:52 MST 2006

Alban wrote:
> Hello,
> Have you tried to delete rtnoupdate and rtautoclear lines? I'm using realtime,
> with caching for sip but without those 2 lines, and works perfectly.
> Another point : verify that you have the field fullcontact in your realtime
> sip table.
> Bye,
> Alban Elziere

While I compiled the message, I discovered the difference already in
canreinvite=yes/no
I could test it, and it was the problem!
I found than that if you have the phones behind asterisk you MUST have
canreinvite=no to force, the rtp stream to go through asterisk and not
to try to bypass it. I use bypass so that the users are directly
connected to the gateways without bothering my servers bandwidth.

rtnoupdate=yes
 ; do not send the update request over realtime.

rtautoclear=yes
 ; Auto-Expire friends created on the fly on the same schedule
 ; as if it had just registered when the registration expires
 ; the friend will vanish from the configuration until requested
 ; again.  If set to an integer, friends expire
 ; within this number of seconds instead of the
 ; same as the registration interval