[Asterisk-Users] HELP NEEDED: "odbc show" crashes Asterisk... and I have no idea of what is going on!!!

Leo Burd leob at media.mit.edu
Tue Apr 11 13:14:59 MST 2006

Hello there,

For some reason, Asterisk is crashing everytime that my system tries to do
anything related to ODBC.  I would really appreciate if anyone could give me
ideas or pointers to the solution of this issue...

Here's what I've found out so far:

* I can run isql -v <my_dsn> <username> <password> without any problems

* Asterisk seems to crash everytime it finds the correct dsn, username,
password combination in res_odbc.conf.  However, if I write an invalid
username or password in res_odbc.conf, Asterisk detects the error and
reports an appropriate message.  With the correct values, Asterisk crashes
without any warning...

I'm running Asterisk 1.2.6 on a Red Hat Linux Enterprise 4 machine...

Thanks in advance,

Leo