[Asterisk-Users] nic aliases not working

Michael George george at mutualdata.com
Tue Apr 11 12:21:42 MST 2006

I have an * box that I need to chang the IP address on.

My hope was that I could add an alias to the interface with a different
IP address, have * bind to all addresses, change DNS and when no more
hits come on the old address.

However, IAX registrations coming in to the alias don't seem to get
acknowledged by *.  Even with iax2 debug on, I don't see any attempts.

We can ssh in on both IP addresses and I have "bindaddr=0.0.0.0" in
iax.conf.

Is this not possible for some reason?  Maybe multiple IP addresses work
but nic aliases do not?

--
-M

There are 10 kinds of people in this world:
	Those who can count in binary and those who cannot.