[Asterisk-Users] Screen macro - not working

Mike list at virtutel.ca
Tue Apr 11 05:25:08 MST 2006

 Hi,

I`ve copied an example directly from the wiki at
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+tips+findme , and it doesnt seem
to work.  I want the call to be bridge when the called party presses 1, to
be sent to voicemail if the called party press 9 and just go to the next
extension if the called party doesn,t do anything (or hangs up)

This is the macro, again it`s an almost cut and paste from the wiki:

[macro-screen] ; screen callers : 1-accept call 9-send to voicemail anything
else-continue with dial plan
exten => s,1,Wait(0.5)
exten => s,n,Background(screen)
exten => s,n,Set(TIMEOUT(response=5))

exten => 1,1,Noop(Call Accepted)

exten => 9,1,Voicemail(${EXTEN}|{$ACCOUNTCODE}|u)
exten => 9,2,HangUp()

exten => t,1,Set(MACRO_RESULT=CONTINUE)
exten => i,1,Set(MACRO_RESULT=CONTINUE)

Regardless of what I press, the call is ALWAYS bridged.  What`s wrong with
this&

Using Asterisk 1.2.4

Mick