[Asterisk-Users] callerid name inboune from PRI

C F shmaltz at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 20:55:54 MST 2006

On 4/10/06, Andres <andres at telesip.net> wrote:
> Steven wrote:
>
> >I switched PRI vendors recently, and one of my questions was "do you provide caller ID name in addition to number?"
> >AT&T Local did not, But XO communications said they did.
> >

> You heard wrong.  We have multiple PRIs from XO and they DO NOT send
> caller name.  We have discussed the issue with them on several
> ocassions.  The sales people will say whatever they want, but the tech
> people who actually work in the switches know that caller name is not
> supported.

I believe he didn't hear wrong, a lot of providers are now providing
CallerID with name over PRI. The tech people know it *is* supported
(all it is is a stupid simple lookup on the SS7 side of the equipment)
but wasn't done until now because the competition didn't offer it, but
now that the competition is offering it, everyone else is as well.