[Asterisk-Users] callerid name inboune from PRI

Andres andres at telesip.net
Mon Apr 10 19:42:35 MST 2006

Steven wrote:

>I switched PRI vendors recently, and one of my questions was "do you provide caller ID name in addition to number?"
>AT&T Local did not, But XO communications said they did.

You heard wrong.  We have multiple PRIs from XO and they DO NOT send
caller name.  We have discussed the issue with them on several
ocassions.  The sales people will say whatever they want, but the tech
people who actually work in the switches know that caller name is not
supported.

--
Andres
Technical Support