[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk evaluating CLIP, then getting out of the way

Marc Rohlfing marc.rohlfing at oasy.de
Mon Apr 10 02:10:16 MST 2006

  Hi,

I've just come upon an interesting question regarding the use of Asterisk as an "Application Server" connected behind a conventional ISDN PBX: The user wants to forward all incoming calls through the PBX to Asterisk over S0-Lines, have Asterisk do some processing (which includes looking up the final internal extension for the incoming call) and then returning the call to the PBX (a Siemens HiPath 3000) and have that ring the phone.
The catch: In order not to tie up 2 B-channels for every call on the leg between PBX and * (thus needing a big, expensive ISDN card in the Asterisk server), we would like to have Asterisk 'drop' the call completely once it has been returned to the HiPath PBX.

I've tried to dig up information on the web, but wasn't able to find out whether that is possible at all - any feedback is appreciated!

    Marc Rohlfing

--
Marc Rohlfing
Training Manager