[Asterisk-Users] CallerID

Jay Milk ast-users at skimmilk.net
Sun Apr 9 10:37:15 MST 2006

Michelle,

you sent a single message containing suggestions to me on 11/02/2005.
Your claim to have contacted me "many times" is clearly false.  Due to
demands outside the asterisk world, I have not been monitoring the list,
but I doubt that should have been necessary, considering that contact
information and even a mailing list are available for cid-rewrite.

Nobody at all contacted me about reverse lookup not working, and since
the script has published was "in production" here for over a month as
well as on many other servers, I have to question the validity of that
claim.

My comments about spelling and commercial use are very productive.
Much unlike you seem to, I take pride in the work I do, and being
associated with something so poorly written as your changes to the
readme is an embarrassment to both of parties.  Additionally,
programming is a very exact process, and the quality of your
documentation betrays your ability.  I do maintain that you are in fact
misleading potential downloaders on the origin of the script.  You have
removed contact information and effectively taken credit for this work.

You furthermore are offering paid support, which qualifies as
"commercial use" and you have neither asked for nor been granted
permission for commercial use of my intellectual property.

Expect no help or cooperation from me in integrating your changes --
your changes are hacks at best, and a far cry from the properly
architected changes I have planned and partially integrated in my
production script.

In the meantime, either remove the download of this bastardized script
from your site, or add full contact information back into the readme
file and offer FREE support for it.  Please comply within 72 hours of
receipt of this message.

Regards,
-- Jay Milk