[Asterisk-Users] [OT] Centrex Question

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Fri Apr 7 21:05:35 MST 2006

Alexander Lopez wrote:
> With strange promos and tariffs, it is possible that Centrex 'lines'
> offer a larger
> Caller area and may in fact be cheaper than standard POTS when other
> services are added.
>
> For example I need a bunch of POTS lines for our ISP a few, more than
> 10!, years ago.

What I'm trying to understand is whether their two proposed "Centrex"
lines will allow for the five separate "extensions" that they have now
with their PBX.

In other words, is there any way a 2x5 PBX (with the customer paying for
2x POTS lines) could be swapped out with two Centrex lines?

Thanks, all.  I'm learning a lot here.

B.