[Asterisk-Users] Beeps and noises during calls

Zoa zoachien at securax.org
Fri Apr 7 09:02:32 MST 2006

Some more info:

TALKOFF is the wrong recognition of DTMF component in human voice as
true DTMF signal. This is an unavoidable factor since human voice always
contain valid DTMF combination. Fortunately, presence of these valid
DTMF components are unsteady. Unlike real DTMF generated from a
touch-tone keyboard, these 'human' DTMF cannot maintain on a constant
combination. So they can be isolated by DELAY discrimination. If a
decoded DTMF signal can stay on constantly for certain duration which
exceed those normal period experienced in human voice, then it can be
identified as a real DTMF command.

taken from:

http://www.qsl.net/ve3rgw/dtmfsql.html