[Asterisk-Users] Call Parking and multiple contexts

Alexander Lopez Alex.Lopez at OpSys.com
Thu Apr 6 07:27:42 MST 2006

Once upon a time there was an app called app_valetparking, and its big
brother SUPERvaletparking.

They both addressed that very senario. However, the brothers proved to
be a expensive load on the PBX as searching within and moving throughout
the Multiple parking lots required much time and processing power, even
in broad daylight. Alas with the new zoning changes that have happened
since 1.2.0, the parking lots are no longer welcome in the neighborhood.

But don't give up hope!! Olle (OEJ) with his sultry Swedish voice and
his ability to ruin a perfectly good weekend! Has proposed a new and
inproved parking system that fits in with the new zoning guidelines set
by the Developers. He has even set up a Magic Kingdom of sorts to let
those play before he opens it up to the world.
http://svn.digium.com/view/asterisk/team/oej/test-this-branch/.

Then along came Rizzo with his new way of organizing and finding spaces,
and Olle asked Rizzo, to please merge and reorganinze the parking lots
in the Kingdom of Olle.  So we wait for the lots to be repainted and
repaved, so that we can tell the cars to park either in the Red, Blue,
or Green Parking Lots. Oh, Did I mention that some lots need Valet and
the others are Self-serve?

Olle's MultiParking:
http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=6113

Rizzo's New Search Routine:
http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=6144

Valet Parking and Examples (does not compile on current release w/o
patches, I don't have the patches)

http://www.loligo.com/asterisk/misc/apps/app_valetparking.README
Software: http://www.loligo.com/asterisk/misc/apps/app_valetparking.c
(This version will not work with asterisk-1.0.0)
SuperValetParking - Latest from BKW 26/11/2004:
http://www.asterlink.com/svp/