[Asterisk-Users] Fedora Core 4 - problem with kernel 2.6.16-1.2069_FC4

Bob McDowell bmcdowell at federalprotection.com
Thu Apr 6 06:09:33 MST 2006

I've had a similar problem with CentOS and yummed kernels.  The problem
seems to be that the zaptel doesn't quite know where to put the modules.
If you check the directory for your current kernel version, you'll see
they're not there.

I have fixed this in two different ways:

1)  Per the wiki -
-----
As root:

# ln -s /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build /usr/src/linux-2.6

(I don't know if a link to 'linux' is needed)

# ln -s /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build /usr/src/linux
-----

2)  'rpm -e' the old kernel

Thanks,

Bob McDowell