[Asterisk-Users] RE: Problem with setting ringtones on Cisco 7960 phone.

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Wed Apr 5 13:45:27 MST 2006

Well, if I look at my tftp directory where the phone downloads its
config files, etc, on v7.1 I see a RINGLIST.DAT that contains the names
of the ring files to be downloaded. On my system that includes
ringer1.pcm and ringer2.pcm.  I recall someone posting something about
how to generate the content of the ringer1.pcm file, so my guess is that
you can encode various sounds into such a file and call it via the
_ALERT_INFO stuff shown.

Some time ago, the following were valid ringtone names:
; Bellcore-BusyVerify
; Bellcore-Stutter
; Bellcore-MsgWaiting
; Bellcore-dr1
; Bellcore-dr2
; Bellcore-dr3
; Bellcore-dr4
; Bellcore-dr5

I don't have a clue if those names remain the same from one sip version
to another; best guess is they do.