[Asterisk-Users] legacy Alcatel 4200/4400 and Asterisk (QSIG/PRI) and callerid

Krzysztof Drewicz asterisk at 4e1.pl
Wed Apr 5 11:10:47 MST 2006

Miroslav HOSTINSKY napisał(a):
> Hello,
>
> I have connected asterisk box with legacy PBX Alcatel OmniPCX 4400 (and also
> another * box connected to A4200).
>
> These PBXes have function to assign name to extensions and display it on
> phone.

Yes. They do :-D.

A4400, current amount: 3. A4220E currently only one in "storage room".
And plenty of new model: OXE.

> Asterisk box is connected via PRI with euroISDN signalling (also I have tried
> QSIG).

iirc EuroISDN requires PRA/PRA2/BRA2, the qSIG requires DLT.

> Is it possible to set callerid with name and display it on alcatel digital
> phones? With command SetCALLERID I am able only set callerid number (and
> name) but on phone is always only callerid number...

Yes, and no. On PRI you could have only number. The string is not going
enywhere.
I suppose that QSIG mode should be the answer. Do you set, clid as
'someone <1234>' ?

kd,

--
Krzysztof Drewicz
Affordable 2/4 span E1/T1 PCI-cards. 100% Asterisk compatible.