[Asterisk-Users] Problem with setting ringtones on Cisco 7960 phone.

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Wed Apr 5 09:21:33 MST 2006

> I am having this exact same problem. I have tried 7.5, 7.4, and 8.2. I
> have tried setting ALERT_INFO and _ALERT_INFO and have tried several
> ringtones without any luck.

Using the current svn trunk, here is what works:
exten => 3010,1,Set(_ALERT_INFO=bellcore-r3) ; selects Ringer
exten => 3010,2,Dial(SIP/3010,15)

The above causes a 7960 to ring with two short rings.

As I recall from playing with the 7960 a long time ago, the phone only
has limited number of ring tones installed. E.g., what works for a
Sipura (as one example) will be different for the 7960.