[Asterisk-Users] Problem with setting ringtones on Cisco 7960 phone.

Jeremy Koski jayk at danner.net
Wed Apr 5 08:44:28 MST 2006

I am having this exact same problem. I have tried 7.5, 7.4, and 8.2. I
have tried setting ALERT_INFO and _ALERT_INFO and have tried several
ringtones without any luck.

According to the WIKI, it should work:

[snippet]
Controlling ring tones from Asterisk
By setting the Asterisk variable ALERT_INFO before you call Dial, Asterisk
will add ringer tone info to the SIP invite that is sent to the phone.

  exten => 3010,1,SetVar(ALERT_INFO=<Bellcore-dr1>) ; selects Ringer
  exten => 3010,2,Dial(SIP/3010,15)

Note: In SIP_HEAD or v1+ you wil need to do the following:
  exten => 3010,1,SetVar(_ALERT_INFO=something)

Available ring tones by default
  Bellcore-BusyVerify
  Bellcore-Stutter
  Bellcore-MsgWaiting