[Asterisk-Users] some problems with asterisk and E1

Sebastian Reitenbach itlistuser at rapideye.de
Tue Apr 4 23:38:47 MST 2006

Hi,

I am using asterisk 1.2.5 and have some problems with asterisk connected with
an E1 card to our PRI. Dialling in and out generally works. When someone dials
in from a mobile phone, all numbers are sent as a block, and the called
extension rings as intended. when someone picks up his phone handset, waits
for a dial tone, and then dials in manually, the call will be redirected to
the central number and not to the dialled extension. I have three digits long
extensions here. After entering the first number of the extension, the caller
will start hearing the ring tone. Asterisk doesn't seem to wait for the last
two digits. As there are not extensions configured with only one digit, they
are redirected to the central number. The same happens with some slower
dialling ISDN phones calling in.
Is there a place where I can configure asterisk to wait for all three digits
before answering? or after receiving the first or second digit that asterisk
waits for one or two seconds for another digit?

The card I have instlled is
00:0b.0 Network controller: Tiger Jet Network Inc. Tiger3XX Modem/ISDN
interface

zttool says it is a Digium Wildcard TE110P T1/E1 Card 0

I used AMP to configure asterisk, here my zapata.conf:

; Zapata telephony interface
;
; Configuration file

[trunkgroups]

[channels]

language=en
context=from-pstn
;signalling=fxs_ks
signalling=pri_cpe ; pri_cpe = PRI slave ; pri_net = PRI master
switchtype=euroisdn

rxwink=300 ; Atlas seems to use long (250ms) winks
;
; Whether or not to do distinctive ring detection on FXO lines
;
;usedistinctiveringdetection=yes
callerid=asreceived

usecallerid=yes