[Asterisk-Users] Compatible Asterisk Connectivity Cards : Sangoma

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Tue Apr 4 10:48:01 MST 2006

On Tuesday 04 April 2006 12:29, Jim Hanlon wrote:
> I used the Sangoma S518 card in an IBM x-series server, replacing a telco
> supplied ADSL modem/router. It is obviously more expensive than the

> Digium offers nothing comparable, so I can't comment on the relative merits
> of their hardware.

Digium's not in the business of selling connectivity.  :-)  But yes, I cannot
say enough good things about the S518.  I love these things.  Having the
outgoing packet queue in the kernel and under direct control also lets you
get much closer to your rated upstream bandwidth and still keep good call
quality.

I love the S518s and recommend them anywhere I can.  I would KILL for a
miniPCI version, even if I had to have the Part68 interface off-card.

-A.