[Asterisk-Users] Monitor or mixmonitor

Wai Wu wwu at Calltrol.com
Tue Apr 4 08:56:20 MST 2006

Thnx

________________________________

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Gary
Richardson
Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2006 11:21 AM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Monitor or mixmonitor

I'm using MixMonitor. Be aware that some people encounter a bug where
MixMonitor stops recording at random (see
http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=6457). There are a couple of working
patches for it.

Thanks.

On 4/3/06, Wai Wu <wwu at calltrol.com> wrote:

	Hi all,

	I am setting up a script to record all the call. There are two
app for recording. "Monitor" and "Mixmonitor", one mixing the audio on
the fly and one mixing it at the end but also allow a option not to
mixing the audio at all. If mixing the audio on the fly is not that
taxing on the CPU, I would like to use 'mixmonitor' app. My question is,
what is penalty on the CPU when mixing the audio on the fly? I know this
is the better option, but I don't really need the 'in' and 'out' audio
mixed until it's played back, and which happens less than 5% of the
time. What are your thoughts?