[Asterisk-Users] X100P small test gives cracking sound at the voip side

Erick Perez eaperezh at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 08:57:56 MST 2006

Hi,
Asterisk 1.2.5 serves as a pstn gateway to voip users (xlite clients)
by means of a X100P (a small test system)

The pstn side has clear sound but i can hardly hear the other person
(voip side)talking.
The voip side (xlite xten softphone) has crackling sounds and also a
very low voice volume (i can hardly hear the pstn person).
Xlite connects using GSM to the asterisk machine, it's on the same LAN
as the asterisk, transmit silence is YES in the xlite.
I have tried playing with the mic volume on the xlite but if i make
the mic volume too loud, then i will hear more crackling noises and
hear myself speaking, I use logitech headsets for the operation.

I have also played with rx/tx gain values from the default of 0.0 all
the way to 8.0

suggestions?