[Asterisk-Users] Compatible Asterisk Connectivity Cards : Sangoma

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Tue Apr 4 06:17:15 MST 2006

On Monday 03 April 2006 12:09, mustardman29 wrote:
> NO IRQ INTERRUPT ISSUES ON THE SANGOMA CARDS.  THIS ALONE IS A GOOD ENOUGH
> REASON.

The Sangoma cards are historically MUCH better about being able to share
interrupts than the Digium cards have been.  However, I have personally run
across one (and only one) case where a Sangoma A101u could not share an IRQ
with a Sangoma S518 on an older Dell P3 machine.  Funnily enough, a T100P had
absolutely no trouble in this case.

I also am under the understanding that the Digium drivers have made
*significant* improvements in their ability to coexist peacefully with other
hardware on the same IRQ.  For best call quality it's still best to have the
cards on a separate IRQ (this goes for the Sangoma cards too), but if you
simply cannot get the system to do that, they *can* work.

I like the Sangoma cards, and I like the Digium cards.  Both are *very* well
supported.

-A.