[Asterisk-Users] Blocked channels, according to our telco... leading to CONGESTION status

Edwin Groothuis edwin at mavetju.org
Mon Apr 3 17:21:23 MST 2006

Greetings,

Our telco called last week, saying that a lot of channels on our
PRIs are blocked. And with blocked they have the following description
in the Siemens exchanges:

    BBAC BLOCKED BACKWARD
    This status is set when the partner exchange has
    a blocking set and the signaling of the trunk
    (non-CCS7) is able to report this blocking in
    the backward direction. This status can remain
    a long time. Other usages of this status are the
    DCMS specific blockings: "DCMS Out of Service",
    "Pilot Alarm" or "Analog Carrier Failure".
    This status may also be set for a short time when
    performing DIU tests. In that case it prevents
    outgoing seizures.

    BBAC BLOCKED BACKWARD
    The GP reports the subscriber port with BBAC if a
    subscriber goes off-hook and does not dial or if a
    subscriber does not go off-hook during a set-up
    connenction. After further three minutes the status of
    this port is changed to BPRM.

    BPRM BLOCKED PERMANENT
    When a blocking is set in the partner exchange,
    but the signaling of the trunk (non-CCS7) is not
    able to report this blocking, the trunk will be
    idle in the own exchange. When an outgoing seizure
    is generated on such a trunk, this seizure
    will remain without answer and the release will
    be unsuccessful. In that case, this status will
    be set.

He gave me a list of all blocked channels (1 to 5 was normal busy,
6 to 20 was idle and 21 to 31 were blocked). I ran a "zap show
channel zap/" on them, but couldn't find anything in the output
which made me go "All idle/busy channels have this, and all blocked
ones have that".

When asterisk is trying to call out via one of these blocked channels,
it returns the dreaded CONGESTION status.

Of course, reloading the (TE405/TE410) card drivers and zaptel
drivers unlocked everything, but nothing in the asterisk CLI did
the same.

I'm very confused about this one, and am stuck with it for some
time now. If anybody has an idea on what to do (except filing a bug
with Digium) or a hint what I could/should try, let me know!

Edwin

--
Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.mavetju.org
edwin at mavetju.org    |          Weblog: http://weblog.barnet.com.au/edwin/