[Asterisk-Users] Compatible Asterisk Connectivity Cards : Sangoma

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Mon Apr 3 11:41:53 MST 2006

mustardman29 wrote:

> The Sangoma has a very nice mechanical design on their new analog cards that
> will fit into standard PC cases or 2U rack mount cases.  Don't know about
> the Digium as it's a nonstandard oversized card that takes up one full
> length PCI slot and then some.

This is incorrect. The Digium TDM2400P is a full-length, full-height PCI
card that exactly meets the PCI specs. Please do not make accusations
like this without verifying the facts first.

And you are correct that the Sangoma A200D will fit into 2U rack mount
cases, but then you are very limited in the number of ports you can
support; I have never seen a 2U rack mount case with more than 3 PCI
slots next to each other (which would limit you to twelve ports total),
but there are definitely some that have full-length/full-height slots
(including the IBM x346, which has two!).