[Asterisk-Users] Compatible Asterisk Connectivity Cards : Sangoma

mustardman29 mustardman29 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 3 09:09:40 MST 2006

What cards are you talking about?

If we are talking analog well......where to begin.  For starters, carrier
class 128tap hardware echo canceller on the Sangoma courtesy of octasic
(http://www.octasic.com/en/index.php).  Don't know what Digium uses because
their advertised spec's are murky but I am pretty sure it's an inferior
hardware echo can.

The Sangoma has a very nice mechanical design on their new analog cards that
will fit into standard PC cases or 2U rack mount cases.  Don't know about
the Digium as it's a nonstandard oversized card that takes up one full
length PCI slot and then some.

The PCI interface is the same FPGA solution across all the Sangoma digital
and analog cards so you get a proven interface that takes advantage of all
the development and testing done across the whole line of Sangoma cards.
You also get to take advantage of volume price advantages of this.

NO IRQ INTERRUPT ISSUES ON THE SANGOMA CARDS.  THIS ALONE IS A GOOD ENOUGH
REASON.

The Sangoma A200 Analog cards are actually quite a bit cheaper than the new
Digium 2400 cards for the exact same features/ports etc.