[Asterisk-Users] update - 512 Simultaneous Calls with Digital Recording

Matt Florell astmattf at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 01:32:57 MST 2006

Hello,

What happens a few weeks into this when you've fragmented the free
space on the drives by deleting files periodically and rewriting in
some places? The consistent performance of SATA drives goes down
dramatically when this happens, much more so than on a SCSI-based
drive system.

Also, you don't seem to take into account the read-write-seek time of
SATA drives into your calculations

Another thing to consider is that if anything else is being done on
these drives(like running Linux or Asterisk or anything else) the
write performance will also be effected.

MATT---