[Asterisk-Users] Install problem with res_snmp.so from current trunk (bug?)

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sun Apr 2 06:38:44 MST 2006

>>> The module loader in trunk is undergoing changes that will eliminate
>>> this problem very soon.
>>
>> No problem. Thanks.
>
> For what it is worth, I put some (badly formatted) notes on the wiki
> describing how I got res_snmp working.
>
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+monitoring&view_comment_id=10174
>

> Since then we have added some asterisk specific example beans to westhawk's
> java SNMP stack (http://snmp.westhawk.co.uk) and we are working on a
> little monitoring GUI which we will release once we have it looking
> sensible :-) !
>
> res_snmp doesn't tell you much that you couldn't find via the manger
> interface, but
> it is READ_ONLY and if you use SNMPv3 it is reasonably secure.

I posted the original message because two different versions of the
libnetsnmp existed on the two systems, and the makefile indicated the
author was having issues that were suspected to be version dependent. So
I was offering up "a" system that had the problem (both fc3) in order to
assist in identifying the root cause.

I really don't have an interest of actually implementing snmp at this
time; just trying to help identify issues where I can as a non-programmer.