[Asterisk-Users] Install problem with res_snmp.so from current trunk (bug?)

Tim Panton tim at mexuar.com
Sun Apr 2 02:03:19 MST 2006

On 2 Apr 2006, at 04:27, Rich Adamson wrote:

> Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
>> Rich Adamson wrote:
>>> Is this worthy of opening a bug assuming the above comment is still
>>> valid?  Would the individual(s) maintaining res_snmp want to log
>>> into
>>> either of these internet accessible boxes to identify the root
>>> cause?
>> The module loader in trunk is undergoing changes that will eliminate
>> this problem very soon.
>
> No problem. Thanks.

For what it is worth, I put some (badly formatted) notes on the wiki
describing how I got res_snmp working.

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk
+monitoring&view_comment_id=10174

Since then we have added some asterisk specific example beans to
westhawk's
java SNMP stack (http://snmp.westhawk.co.uk) and we are working on a
little monitoring GUI which we will release once we have it looking
sensible :-) !

res_snmp doesn't tell you much that you couldn't find via the manger
interface, but
it is READ_ONLY and if you use SNMPv3 it is reasonably secure.

Tim.