[Asterisk-Users] Dial cmd has delay for the last dialed number on FXO

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sat Apr 1 07:34:16 MST 2006

> The * server one TDM04B card and my dialplan:
>
> exten => 080.,1,Dial(Zap/g1/${EXTEN})
>
> All four FXO ports has group=1 in zapata.conf
>
> After dialing 0800012345 from a FXS extension, with one DTMF detector
> tapped on the line, I found * dialed 0,8,0,0,0,1,2,3,4 in even interval,
> delay longer, and then the last 5. Sometimes this behavior causes PSTN
> to repsond with "the number you dialed is non-existing".

Best guess given the above... asterisk is probably detecting a tone or
noise coming from the central office, and/or, detecting tip-ring open or
polarity reversal during the dialing. (I'm not familiar with your
country telco standards, so this might not be all that helpful.)
Try...
  busydetect=yes
  busycount=6
  callprogress=no
towards the top of your zapata.conf statements.

If those don't have any impact, post a piece of your zapata.conf file.