[Asterisk-Users] Re: No ringback tone generated by Asterisk with OH323 connections

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Fri Sep 30 09:33:58 MST 2005

In article <200509301131.35723.juanjo at comellas.com.ar>,
Juan Jose Comellas <juanjo at comellas.com.ar> wrote:
> I am using Asterisk (Debian unstable packages) with an OH323 connection to my
> provider. Everything is working except for the generation of ringback tones
> when I receive inbound calls from the PSTN. My provider tells me that we're
> sending call progress indications and that because of this they're expecting
> us to generate the ringback tone. Does anybody know how to configure this in
> Asterisk? The relevant settings in oh323.conf are:

I don't think the oh323.conf settings are relevant.

I have found you sometimes need to generate ringing tone or other tones
using your dialplan entries, depending on how your are processing the
call. So if you want to ring for a couple of seconds before answering,
you could do:

[oh323-incoming]
exten => _X.,1,Ringing
exten => _X.,2,Playtones(ring)
exten => _X.,3,Wait(2)
exten => _X.,4,Answer
exten => _X.,5,...etc...

Or if you are ringing SIP phones, you could use the 'r' option for Dial:

[oh323-incoming]
exten => _X.,1,Playtones(ring)
exten => _X.,2,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN:-4},,r)
exten => _X.,3,Playtones(congestion)
exten => _X.,4,Congestion
exten => _X.,103,Playtones(busy)
exten => _X.,104,Busy

You might not need all the Playtones commands - experiment and see which
ones are necessary.

If that doesn't help, try posting the part of your extensions.conf that
deals with incoming calls from OH323.

Cheers
Tony
--