[Asterisk-Users] OT: SIPSAK usage

Christian Stredicke Christian.Stredicke at snom.de
Fri Sep 30 08:49:47 MST 2005

snom phones by default do not accept SIP messages from other
destinations that the registrar (in this case they send a error
response) and they dont listen on port 5060 by default. Reason:
SECURITY!!!

If you want to lower your security, you can manually specify the SIP
port to 5060 and manually disable the filering from the proxy/registrar.
But then dont complain if people make a fun out of themselves by making
your phone ring with funny SIPSAK requests!!!

I think the best practice on this is to send the requests to the proxy
which then will forward the packets depending on the proxy's security
policy. Replace proxy with Asterisk!

Christian