[Asterisk-Users] chan_cap-cm-0.6 deflect support

Armin Schindler armin at melware.de
Fri Sep 30 04:11:19 MST 2005

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005, Louis-David Mitterrand wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've recently reinstalled a Diva in my asterisk server (alongside a
> QuadBRI :-) to test the nice features Armin has been adding in
> chan_capi.
>
> The capi.conf format has changed, so my question is how do I define a
> deflect= statement for different incoming MSN's?
>
> I've tried to define a section for each (group of) MSN with a different
> "deflect". Is that correct?
>
> [DIVA1]
> isdnmode=msn
> incomingmsn=146472130
> controller=1
> group=5
> accountcode=diva
> context=default
> deflect=0612110618
> devices=2

What exactly do you want to do?
You can use capicommand(deflect|xxxx) in extensions.conf to use call
deflection.

> Also, is there a way to detect that a SIP phone has an active forward
> number and capi-deflect any incoming calls to that number?

If you can retrieve this information from extensions.conf, then you can use
my example above.

Anyway, I noticed that the original implementation of deflect specified in
capi.conf does not work in all cases.
I plan to remove that and to allow capicommand(deflect|...) only.
It's not necessary to do that in capi.conf and using different MSNs is
difficult too.
My idea is provide information about 'this is a call-waiting call, no
b-channel' to extensions.conf via a variable. And the user then can decide
what to do with that call using all features of the dialplan.
I plan to do this for version 0.6.1.

Armin