[Asterisk-Users] Meet me conferencing without blind transfers (Asterisk@home)

Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC mojo at horanappraisals.com
Thu Sep 29 16:28:10 MST 2005

rather than using the blind and attended transfer functions built into
the phones, try asterisk's features.conf -- we use ** for attended and
## for blind. (always use blind for meetme conferences.)

as for the difference between attended and blind, here's blind:

Person A calls Person B and asks for Person C.  Person B does a blind
transfer to Person C's extension.  This disconnects Person B from the
conversation and puts Person A on hold.  Person C's phone rings, and
when he picks it up, Person A will be there.

here's attended:

Person A calls Person B and asks for Person C.  Person B does an
attended transfer to Person C's extension.  This disconnects Person B
from the conversation and puts Person A on hold.  Person C's phone
rings, and when he picks it up, Person B will be there.  Person B
introduces Person A and/or otherwise prepares Person C for the
conversation.  If Person C does not want to talk to Person A, Person C
hangs up, and Person B is reconnected to Person A.  If, however, Person
C _does_ want to talk to Person A, Person _B_ hangs up.  Persons A and C
  are now connected.

Moj

jennyw wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using Asterisk at home and am having trouble using the conference
> bridge that comes built in. We're using Polycom phones.
>
> When we transfer the first person into the conference room (e.g. 8101) ,
> they get into the room fine. When we try to transfer a second person
> into the conference room, they get dropped as soon as we finish the
> transfer.  This is using Polycom SoundPoint 301 phones.  Now when we use
> a Polycom SoundPoint 501 phone, we have an option to do a blind transfer
> when we transfer someone (appears the first time you hit the transfer
> button). When we do this, people stay transferred and everything works
> great. However ... we only have one 501 and the rest are 301s. So my
> questions are:
>
> * What's the difference between a blind transfer and a regular transfer?
>
> * Is it possible to do a blind transfer from a Polycom SoundPoint 301?
>
> * Is there another way to get this to work?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jen

Mojo <mojo at horanappraisals.com>
Office Manger, Horan & Company, LLC