[Asterisk-Users] Meet me conferencing without blind transfers (Asterisk@home)

jennyw jennyw at dangerousideas.com
Thu Sep 29 16:08:10 MST 2005

Hi,

I'm using Asterisk at home and am having trouble using the conference
bridge that comes built in. We're using Polycom phones.

When we transfer the first person into the conference room (e.g. 8101) ,
they get into the room fine. When we try to transfer a second person
into the conference room, they get dropped as soon as we finish the
transfer.  This is using Polycom SoundPoint 301 phones.  Now when we use
a Polycom SoundPoint 501 phone, we have an option to do a blind transfer
when we transfer someone (appears the first time you hit the transfer
button). When we do this, people stay transferred and everything works
great. However ... we only have one 501 and the rest are 301s. So my
questions are:

* What's the difference between a blind transfer and a regular transfer?

* Is it possible to do a blind transfer from a Polycom SoundPoint 301?

* Is there another way to get this to work?

Thanks!

Jen