[Asterisk-Users] Re: Dialtone problems with phpagi and asterisk

Michael Häberle haeberle at immosky.ch
Thu Sep 29 02:35:34 MST 2005

So, after some research I can provide you with some more information.

According to our employees on every fourth call the dialtone is choppy.
That happens, not like I said first, when we dial trough phpagi AND when
we dial directly with x-pro (but both times through asterisk).

In X-Pro its a bit better, but still a bit choppy.

The other problem is that the whole call is choppy.
What actually could be a bandwith problem... (although it's mysterious
because the first 2-3 weeks that problem hasn't occured (while approx. 5
people worked like today (2005-09-29))

Another problem is that asterisk hangs up the call sometimes after some
  seconds without interaction of the user. I don't know why :-/

So I think one part of the solution is a higher bandwidth.
Butthe hangup-problem is another kind of problem I think.

Do you have some ideas what could causes such problems (as described above)

Regards
Michael