[Asterisk-Users] chan_capi-cm, Euro ISDN bus: 2 extensions on same BRI port not working

Armin Schindler armin at melware.de
Thu Sep 29 00:04:11 MST 2005

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 huelbe_garcia at fastimap.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using a system with an AVM ISDN PCI card (fcpci) and asterisk with
> chan_capi-cm-0.6. The hardware is connected to a Siemens Hipath 3550 PBX. As a
> BRI connection has 2 channels and allows 2 simultaneous calls, numbers/MSNs
> 6391 and 6392 were for provisioned for each channel. The system is working
> (partly, read on), the trick is the correct cable wiring and setup the PBX's
> port as "S0 Euro Bus".
>
> Calls from asterisk to PBX are working ok, really nice! But calls from PBX to
> asterisk are partly working. Calls to 6391 are okay, but calls to 6392 are
> not. They simply did not appear on the BRI port (checked with capi debug).
>
> The problem seems to be something related to MSN routing. The PBX manual says
> it is possible to connect up to 64 devices in one S0/BRI port and even show
> the wiring diagram for that. However, there is not a clear way to define MSN x
> goes to channel 1, MSN y goes to channel 2 in the PBX management software. I
> am starting to think it is impossible to configure this through PBX...
>
> The PBX manual and on-line help says (as far as I understood) MSNs are
> configured at the user station.... but, this time, I was unable to configure
> MSN x=>channel 1, MSN y=>channel 2 in the capi.conf file of chan_capi which
> acts as the station.
>
> Actually, I am super-confused! Is it possible to configure the MSN routing as
> I explained? Is Siemens right, that is, it is up to the station to advertise
> it is "reachable" and its MSN? Will chan_capi + fcpci do that?

No, your PBX must be configured to signal a call to these MSNs on that
S0 port.
In capi.conf you just specify which MSNs shall be signaled to Asterisk.
Using incomingmsn=* means all MSNs and the extensions.conf can decide what
to do with it.

If you have a verbose level of 5 and set 'capi debug', you should see at
least a CONNECT_IND message on a call. If you don't see that, than the PBX
is not signaling this call on that S0 port. In that case, chan_capi and me
cannot help you, it's an PBX issue.

Armin