[Asterisk-Users] chan_capi-cm, Euro ISDN bus: 2 extensions on same BRI port not working

huelbe_garcia at fastimap.com huelbe_garcia at fastimap.com
Wed Sep 28 17:35:32 MST 2005

Hello,

I am using a system with an AVM ISDN PCI card (fcpci) and asterisk with
chan_capi-cm-0.6. The hardware is connected to a Siemens Hipath 3550 PBX. As
a BRI connection has 2 channels and allows 2 simultaneous calls,
numbers/MSNs 6391 and 6392 were for provisioned for each channel. The system
is working (partly, read on), the trick is the correct cable wiring and
setup the PBX's port as "S0 Euro Bus".

Calls from asterisk to PBX are working ok, really nice! But calls from PBX
to asterisk are partly working. Calls to 6391 are okay, but calls to 6392
are not. They simply did not appear on the BRI port (checked with capi
debug).

The problem seems to be something related to MSN routing. The PBX manual
says it is possible to connect up to 64 devices in one S0/BRI port and even
show the wiring diagram for that. However, there is not a clear way to
define MSN x goes to channel 1, MSN y goes to channel 2 in the PBX
management software. I am starting to think it is impossible to configure
this through PBX...

The PBX manual and on-line help says (as far as I understood) MSNs are
configured at the user station.... but, this time, I was unable to configure
MSN x=>channel 1, MSN y=>channel 2 in the capi.conf file of chan_capi which
acts as the station.

Actually, I am super-confused! Is it possible to configure the MSN routing
as I explained? Is Siemens right, that is, it is up to the station to
advertise it is "reachable" and its MSN? Will chan_capi + fcpci do that?

Thanks in advance,

--hg