[Asterisk-Users] Re: Voice Encryption

Andy Hamilton ciscophonefreak at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 17:09:17 MST 2005

> Does Asterisk support encryption of voice traffic? I found following wiki
> that describes IAX RSA authentication. I was able to implement the
> public/private key authentication among three Asterisk servers connected
> using IAX protocol. I am not certain if voice traffic can also be encrypted
> among the Asterisk servers. Your help is highly appreciated.

There has been a little discussion of this topic on the
asterisk-security list somewhat recently.
You may want to look at the message archive from August (
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-security/2005-August/thread.html
) as well as the one from September.

Hope this offers a little help; as someone mentioned, not much
documentation is out there.
>From the August thread:

>Basically it's an automatic features (CVS-HEAD only, btw) where anytime
>a pair of IAX peers have encryption set to "yes" (or, as I understand
>it, a mutually-agreed-upon and supported algorithm) then it just happens
>automagically.
(Brian Capouch)

-a