[Asterisk-Users] Re: Voice Encryption

Ramon F Herrera telephony at jonjay.com
Wed Sep 28 14:54:16 MST 2005

From: Scott Huang <huang321 at gmail.com>
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com

Does Asterisk support encryption of voice traffic? I found following wiki
that describes IAX RSA authentication. I was able to implement the
public/private key authentication among three Asterisk servers connected
using IAX protocol. I am not certain if voice traffic can also be encrypted
among the Asterisk servers. Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

The only secure encryption scenario is one that covers
point-to-point.  In that case, Asterisk has little or nothing
to do: all the [en|de]crypting work is done by the SIP phones
at the ends.

I have been investigating the issue, and AFAIK the only phone
that support secure communications in the Sipura.

In addition to a pair of phones, you will need the appropriate
keys, which are nicely provided by Voxilla: