[Asterisk-Users] Polycom Setup Questions

Matthew T. O'Connor matthew at zeut.net
Tue Sep 27 22:09:47 MST 2005

Matt Gibson wrote:

> Matthew T. O'Connor wrote:
>
>> The 3 phones in question were working morning yesterday, then for no
>> apparent reason, the user could no longer talk.  The polycom user
>> could hear the person at the other end, but could not talk to them.
>> Nothing has changed as far as I can tell, and I have no idea even
>> where to start looking.
>

> Could be one of three things:
>
> 1 - Codec Problems
> 2 - NAT (but you mention no firewall and same LAN, so not this one)
> 3 - Polycom's known problems
>
> I'm willing to bet 3. Try rebooting the phone and seeing if it works
> for you
> then.

I have rebooted all three phones a few times, it makes no difference.  I
have rebooted the phones both from the phone itself (+,-,Hold,Messages)
and from the sip notify command in Asterisk itself.

I'm not sure I know about 3, where can I read more about the Polycom's
"known issues".  Are you talking about the problems with type=friend?

Thanks for you help.

Matt