[Asterisk-Users] Creating an OPX from a traditional PBX using Asterisk and a SIP device

Paul Conn paulconn at pathwayz.com
Tue Sep 27 14:00:53 MST 2005

Is it possible to use Asterisk and a SIP device to create an off premise
extension (OPX) from a traditional PBX?  For example:  I want to be able to
have full internal PBX functions and features but be off site.  I know this
is easily done IF Asterisk is the PBX but in this case the customer already
has an existing PBX and I want to augment it using Asterisk.  In the past
you would have to order a dry copper loop to wherever it was that you wanted
the OPX.

Thanks for any help.

Paul Conn