[Asterisk-Users] analogue phone with asterisk

Rajesh Bhairampally rajesh_junk at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 27 10:10:53 MST 2005

I am a newbee to asterisk. I recently installed asterisk at home. Everything went well and my set up is running fine with soft phones, such as kphone and XtenLite. Now, i want to be able to connect my analogue phones to my asterisk pbx box and use it as if i make a regular Phone call (I do have my PSTN gateway account with broadvoice.com and already configured to route through it). I do NOT have a PSTN phone connection. I want to use my analogue phones as the end points for my asterisk box to make and receive calls. All i want is to use my analogue phones instead of soft phones.

Can some one help me what hardware interface i need for that and how should i go about it? if there is any HOW-TO for that it will be of great help.

thanks,
rajesh