[Asterisk-Users] Termcap missing (compile error [editline/libedit.a] Error 1)

f6hqz-m at hamwlan.net f6hqz-m at hamwlan.net
Tue Sep 27 00:20:13 MST 2005

Hello Gentlemen  :-)

I am a little disapointed by an error occured during an update from 1.0.7 to
"Head" in a Debian "testing" distro.

The first error message happens by using the famous script from
http://www.szmidt.org/asterisk/asterisk-update.sh :

configure: error: termcap support not found
make: *** [editline/libedit.a] Erreur 1

ERROR! Compile exited with error.
       Aborting script!

And, if I tempt to compile "manualy" with "make clean; make; make install",
I can see that at the end :

cd editline && unset CFLAGS LIBS && test -f config.h || ./configure
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
cygwin detected
checking for a BSD compatible install... install
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for ar... /usr/bin/ar
checking for tgetent in -ltermcap... no
checking for tgetent in -ltinfo... no
checking for tgetent in -lcurses... no
checking for tgetent in -lncurses... no
configure: error: termcap support not found
make: *** [editline/libedit.a] Erreur 1
sarge:/usr/src/asterisk#

What occurs ? What I have missed ? Any idea to help me ?
What can I describe or search more for a best analyze ?
Many thanks in advance, guys !

Best Regards,
Francois BERGERET,
France.