[Asterisk-Users] StripMSD or extension parser bug?

Alexander Lopez alex.lopez at opsys.com
Mon Sep 26 20:58:12 MST 2005

>From Show application stripMSD
 StripMSD(count): Strips the leading 'count' digits from the channel's
associated extension. For example, the number 5551212 when stripped with
count of 3 would be changed to 1212. This app always returns 0, and the
PBX
will continue processing at the next priority for the *new* extension.
  So, for example, if priority 3 of 5551212 is StripMSD 3, the next step
executed will be priority 4 of 1212. If you switch into an extension
which
has no first step, the PBX will treat it as though the user dialed an
invalid extension.

It is expecting the next step to be:

_XXXXXXXXXX,2,Dial(Zap/g1/${EXTEN})