[Asterisk-Users] WRT54GP2 SIP server on LAN port

Tom Vile tom.vile at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 14:45:10 MST 2005

what I do is loopback the WAN port to a LAN port and am able to use both
(ie) take a cable from the wan port of the router and plug it into the lan
port on the same router. This will give you a local ip and it still should
allow connection out to your other provider.

On 9/25/05, Johannes <asterisk at radiokanaler.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to set up Asterisk behind my WRT54GP2 router that has a
> intergrated ATA box.
> My box are not locked in any way so I can access and change all settings.
>
> Now to the problem...
> I have gotten Asterisk to register with my provider and everything works
> just well..
> Now it's time to get the intergrated ATA to connect to asterisk.
> But the asterisk box in located on the LAN ports of the WRT54GP2.
> I can't get the router to connect to Asterisk.
>
> The question is then if the router does not use the normal routing table
> and will force the connect to the SIP gateway to the WAN port even that I
> specified a LAN IP as the gateway.
>
> Has anyone set up the WRT54GP2 to connect to a asterisk server thats on
> the LAN ports with a LAN IP? Or is this impossible?
>
> Regards,
> ~Johannes

Tom Vile
Baldwin Technology Solutions, Inc
Consulting - Web Design - VoIP Telephony
www.baldwintechsolutions.com <http://www.baldwintechsolutions.com>
Phone: 518-631-2855 x205
Fax: 518-631-2856