[Asterisk-Users] WRT54GP2 SIP server on LAN port

Johannes asterisk at radiokanaler.com
Sun Sep 25 12:48:35 MST 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to set up Asterisk behind my WRT54GP2 router that has a
intergrated ATA box.
My box are not locked in any way so I can access and change all settings.

Now to the problem...
I have gotten Asterisk to register with my provider and everything works
just well..
Now it's time to get the intergrated ATA to connect to asterisk.
But the asterisk box in located on the LAN ports of the WRT54GP2.
I can't get the router to connect to Asterisk.

The question is then if the router does not use the normal routing table
and will force the connect to the SIP gateway to the WAN port even that I
specified a LAN IP as the gateway.

Has anyone set up the WRT54GP2 to connect to a asterisk server thats on
the LAN ports with a LAN IP? Or is this impossible?

Regards,
~Johannes