[Asterisk-Users] Extension Mobility (roaming) Cisco 7960

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Sun Sep 25 00:32:02 MST 2005

On 23:46, Sat 24 Sep 05, Sascha Ferley wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if it is possible to setup with Asterisk a Cisco 7960 to use
> extension mobility / roaming.
>
> Meaning that a user logs into a phone and his profile moves with him / her.
>
> I have a network of ~75 Cisco 7960 phones, running SIP 7.5 distributed
> across 2 asterisk servers in 2 cities. I would like to enable the users to
> have the capability to move from one phone to another one with the extension
> moving with them.
>
> Also have the capability that when a user uses a soft phone like Eyebeam,
> they don't need to have 2 extensions setup with a ring group in order for it
> to work.
>

> Anyone have any ideas on how to make this work?
>
> Please let me know

Hi,

You can do this with agents.
Give every SIP phone it's own sip.conf entry, and every user
it's own agent code.
In your dialplan, call the users with: Dial(Agent/userX)

As soon as a user logs in from another phone (cisco or
softphone), the old phone will be logged out automatically
(that's what I experienced here), so you dont have to worry
about users not logging off from a phone.

Good luck
--
Michiel van Baak
http://michiel.vanbaak.info